Nothing was too big for a Bolt to tackle. What about the other side? Theyd been able to stop trying to cover up their misdeeds and deal with the solution. You would nae want me to deprive her of my fine company?, Jason grinned his first real grin of the day. I know its hard to change the way youve always thought about things - and people - but if you let yourself you could find Aaron Stempel isnt your enemy., Joshs sigh shook him down to his boot soles. I wanted him to take responsibility for what he did to my mother., And what was that, Aaron? Joshua kicked at the ground, his fair skin bright, though Jeremy couldnt tell if anger or shame caused the flush. Julie and Aaron couldnt share the same mother; in fact, they must have no parent in common at all. I mean, it belonged to your mother. He ran his finger along the delicate item. DELETED FUCKING DUPLICATE, a here come the brides fanfic | FanFiction TV Shows Here Come the Brides Follow/Fav DELETED FUCKING DUPLICATE By: I-Be-HC DELETED Rated: Fiction M - English - Hurt/Comfort/Angst - Words: 8 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 3 - Published: Feb 22, 2012 - id: 7863240 + - DELETED DUPLICATE!!! Do nae misunderstand. Dont know if we impressed the colonel, though. He didnt want to feel. Thankful she asked no questions, Jeremy steered them away from town. You know, if you keep this full, youll be tripping over the drunks before the night is over., Jason, she tittered. Heard tales that your gramma liked Sioux bucks., Whirling, Red seized the fallers bicep hard enough to bruise, his other arm cocked back to strike. Oh, hed felt the scary thrill when the cash was on the table and the next move was his. Hope you enjoy it. Pacing the length of the cabin porch, Jason heaped insults on an absent Thompsons head. Good. He sank down in his chair with a groan. He could have been hatched on a hot rock for all hes ever told anyone. Jason shook his head with a sigh at the mans cluelessness. Pushing himself up, he paused as surge of lightheadedness hit him. A discreet cough reminded them they werent alone. Unable to sleep because of a nightmare, Amie Stempel begs her father for a story.but not just any story; Amie wants to know about her daddy as a little boy and as he grew up. I try not to show this to Jon. Here Come the Brides In 1865 near Seattle, brothers Jason, Joshua and Jeremy Bolt run a successful logging company on nearby Bridal Veil Mountain, the business and property their parents left them when they died. There might be a way to come close., I know your father kept a journal. A third fork was open to him now. To allow himself to be that vulnerable, to lay himself open to another person must have been terrifying for Aaron. Was that the reason why Jason, despite all the battles theyd fought against each other, had befriended Stempel? Hed never backed down from anything because of fear. The Chatelaine is a beautiful story, Jeanne. Be good to your mother, George Stempel often told young Aaron on the infrequent times he wasnt out to sea. Said he was going to the mill, though he wouldnt say why. The Epidemic, Part l by Denise Dee A deadly influenza outbreak is spreading from San Francisco up the US West Coast. More and more pieces of the puzzle were falling into place, but Josh didnt think he yet saw the whole picture. How old was Aaron then? Jason hoped hed been young enough to be unaffected by the tumult around him. A tall, well-built man stood outside the open door. Better? She lifted a questioning eyebrow. We pay you to chop them down, not stand around gawking.. Oh, I enjoy rubbing his fur the wrong way. Reaching up, he pushed an errant lock of hair back off his forehead. Oh, well, we all just found out a few days ago, Biddie spouted. Jason, m-maybe you oughta go check on him. Before Jason could reply, Aaron marched out in Jeremys wake. The good humor faded from the generals face. You were looking out for us until we were in better shape to look out for ourselves., Turning away from Jason, Aaron gave an irritable shrug. But Abigail wanted no part of being Aarons mother, as shed proved the few times hed slipped. The journal crashed into the far wall, perilously close to the fireplace. I havent been in the exact situation youre talking about, but Ive been close enough that I wouldnt wish it on anyone else., Of all the people in Seattle, Jason understood the situation to which Lottie referred. He recalled how tenderly Father had cared for their mother in her final weeks. noellecoward, Kattayl, Bespangled, Victoriantealady, mvernet, Jadefan, MASHFanficChick, and Madamespock Admit it, youre just as appalled as he was that I might be related to you.. He took out a bottle of Scotch and four glasses. Now you can tell me its none of my business. Exhaustion weighed his limbs and dulled his mind. Get your gear and clear out. And shed died only months before Aaron had confronted their father. Captain Roland Clancy brings the disease via his ship to the Seattle, Washington Territory port. I'll see if I can figure out how to post "The Chatelaine" on Archive of Our Own. Josh had the feeling he was looking inside himself for an answer, possibly for the first time. His own words came out strong and confident without a hint of a stutter. This is my second quiz about the TV show, "Here Come The Brides", that aired from 1968-70. If youd read the journals, youd see that wasnt true. No, you dont understand, Aaron sighed. Or that his father had made that momentous of a mistake. The church was overflowing with almost the entire town packed inside. Is all of this so you can blame me for losing the contract? Especially in a family like the Bolts., Why didnt you say anything? Jason framed Joshs shoulders with his hands. All right, Jason. But what about the inside? All three Bolts were crammed into the tiny back room of the church and the wedding was only minutes away. You get too close and cant see the forest for the trees.. Reverend Adams turned them to face the congregation. Even with his white-knuckled grip, he could still see his confusion reflected in his hands appalling tremor. But now great chunks of wood flew with each of his swings. There was even a hint that it was a good thing his mother had died - so he could be raised as a good Christian instead of a heathen Indian. You should read it, Uncle. Standing just inside the doorway, he beamed at the crowd. I understood he had been born on the voyage to Scotland. The planks creaked as Duncan shifted. A more beautiful sight Ill never see. You tried to steal everything wed worked to build., I never stole anything in my life, boy., Well, what do you call it then, if you dont call it stealing?, Winning! Oh, my, she breathed, her other hand coming up to cover her mouth. He had a lot of thoughts to process and he needed time before speaking to Brooke. Hows Stempel?, Oh, hell be fine, Jason waved vaguely, his eyes focused on something only he could see. This woman meant nothing to him. Tables were stacked with food until they looked near to collapse. Youre my brothers bairn.. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath, bracing his shoulders. I couldn't stop reading until I finished it last night. best man I've come to accept it but it's still weird you're going to eat a chicken a chicken . Think about that half-breed putting his hands on your woman. Jeremy scrambled back up to his feet. Nice party., Yup, Jason agreed. Im sorry for every wrong done to you by the Bolt family.. I really enjoyed. Hes as scared as you are right now. Had Jason uncovered the journals to get Aaron unbalanced and disconcerted just at the moment he needed to be his sharpest? But he could feel everything hed worked for start to crumple around him. Theres never been any hate involved. Jason continued, not noticing Joshs reaction. And a swindler., For which he apologized, Jason interrupted before Aaron could work himself into a lather with the remembrance. I just want it to be perfect., Bracketing his brothers shoulders with his big hands, Jason smiled into Jeremys eyes. Hed proved that over and over again. Lord forgive me for what I did after he told me. He just wanted this to be over so he could go off and lick his wounds. Proof he was better than Abigail Stempels insistence that he was worthless and destined to accomplish nothing. You know your father and mother were betrothed very young, do you nae? At their nods, he continued, They had known each other their whole lives. I dont think you want him to do either., Cupping his chin, he leaned his elbow onto the table. With a sweeping arm, he cleared a wall shelf, sending its contents flying. The old bitter resentment burned the back of his throat as two of the Bolt brothers rode by without noticing him. Why calm him down?, You dont think what Thompson did tonight to Aaron was right, do you?. But hed never been able to cross the line. When he was sick he asked for me and I was holding his hand when he died. Turning away, Aaron took a step for the door. A female scream wrenched everyone to their feet. If hed put a bet on her reaction, hed have won. Most sheepish, though Josh could see a couple of surly faces, the men moved off up the mountain. But he needed to talk to someone who understood how he felt and she deserved to know about the family she would marry into in a few short weeks. Its just sometimes Im not so sure who Joshua Bolt is., Finding out that Aaron is our brother doesnt make you any less, Joshua. Here Come the Brides; Relationships: Jason Bolt/Aaron Stempel; Jeremy Bolt/Candy Pruitt; Characters: Jason Bolt; Lottie Hatfield; Biddie Cloom; Joshua Bolt (Here Come the Brides) Jeremy Bolt (Here Come the Brides) Aaron Stempel; Language: English Stats: Published: 2022-12-23 Updated: 2023-01-10 Words: 4984 Chapters: 13/21 Kudos: 1 Hits: 34 Biddie has him surrounded.. Single friends are reminded of just how alone and lonely they are, married brides who had the best wedding ever are reminded of just how bitchy they were at the time, married brides that didn't have the best wedding ever figure out ways to insinuate themselves in the planning so they can rectify their mistakes, and the father of the bride is . He shot a sideways glance at the oldest Bolt. After Irv died, it was hard to get into HCTB, especially since he'd always enjoyed the fandom as much as me. Jeremy?, The mill-owner lunged against Jasons grip. Together they remembered when theyd salted Candys grandfathers mine to help fulfill what they thought were a dying mans dreams. Jason met Lotties eyes and saw the same furious pain he himself felt. A little surprised that Jason would notice when he worked, he reluctantly acknowledged that, of everyone in town, the logger knew him best. He got a polite nod of greeting from Jeremy but Joshua refused to even look at him. Grasping great handfuls of neat blue uniform, Aaron slammed the colonel against the wall. Some glances held more than curiosity. Jason watched as suspicion and curiosity warred on Aarons face. Before all this had started, hed been sure of himself and where he stood, now he felt like an rudderless ship, lost and adrift. Jeremy took it gingerly, sending a quick glance asking for reassurance toward Jason. In the little yard behind his house, Aaron Stempel, the owner of the biggest sawmill in the area, hefted his ax against a log on the stump he used for splitting wood. Bobby Sherman also recorded music and was a heart-throb back then, too. I dont think Ive ever seen a lovelier bride, he called with all sincerity. Couldnt let Wainwright renege on a contract - even if it was with a Bolt - or hed get the idea he could do it to me., Sure, Jason rolled his eyes. He remembered Joshuas incessant questions and his fathers red-faced replies. Its true., Pshaw! she waved with indifference. Bolts opinion meant nothing. I guess that about says it all., What are you going to do? she questioned after a long moment of trying to absorb what hed told her. But I know Jason. He has a way of making people want to confide in him. My son. Most of the remaining guests stumbled around the room in varying degrees of drunkenness. You know, in spite of everything, Ive always respected Aaron Stempel. Josh managed a wan smile. Oh, God, he whispered, rubbing an agitated hand across his jaw. Before Jason could say a word, Biddie charged after her quarry. Im sure Jonathan did nae tell her after., Duncan covered his face with his hands. Find some connection to her? Lottie offered gently. I think he should be named after his father but Jon says no. I'm thrilled that you liked the writing if not the concept. The last of his fury swept away in the wave of her sincere affection. Oh, lad., Itll break your heart. Will you be a girl who will steal her fathers heart with her smile? For an instant he thought to deny the charge of having Indian blood. She walked over to him. Any comment might set him off and a Bolt comment was practically guaranteed to start fireworks. Jeremy snagged his jacket and headed for the door. Good or bad. He shuddered. And hell slap another layer on the wall that keeps everyone else out. Could we all sit?, Jason, if this is something between you and your brothers? Brow furrowed, Duncan gestured at the door. Thank you. Beside him, Candy dropped into a curtsey. If Thompson decides to give us that logging contract, itll make usor break us.. Aaron dropped his glare from Thompson to Lotties misty eyes. It was nae right what the colonel said to you., Is what he said any different from how you felt? Aaron snorted. She never knew. And it doesnt make him more. I remember the show, but just barely. Would they want to know? Ive had enough of that today. He started to get to his feet but he was just unsteady enough that she easily forced him back down. And if I cant figure it out, how can I fight it?. Blood or experience? Stempel, Candy nodded her head in wary greeting. No! Yes! Affronted, he dropped her hand. Very late the second night, Joshua picked up the diary of Miri. "Don't ever let me hear you say anything like that again.". You wanted to steal her child and send her away like a thief in the night. Jason tried to keep his voice calm, but he knew his disgust had to be obvious. Have faith, Aaron, Jason declared, but with a little less than his usual enthusiasm. They also shared more than ten years of history - clashing against each other and standing shoulder to shoulder when their town or family was threatened. I enjoyed this story and the new family dynamic from start to finish. Miss Cloom., I just have to tell you how badly we all feel about what happened to you the other day. She clung to Aarons sleeve. No! Ill tell you what I can. Both Bolts assumed identical thoughtful poses. Damn that Bolt. I know he wouldnt mind at all if you read them, seeing as you are needing to be close to him., Turning his hand over, Jason grasped the hand on top of his. What would ownership of a piece of the mountain buy him that he didnt already have? If only Maddie werent so sick, I would accept the consequences of my past mistakes and find a way to bring the boy into my family. Opening his mouth to say exactly that, he closed it abruptly. Neither fast nor flashy as a fighter, Aaron knew his strengths. Not immediately recognizing the voice, Aaron squinted into the darkness, barely making out a silhouette approaching from the Bolts cabin. I dont believe it, he spit in the older mans face. I dont know if Ill ever be ready, he whispered. I never intended to shout it from the rooftops., Maybe he thought he couldnt take that chance with my mothers life, Jason shrugged helplessly. Sorry, Jeremy mumbled, taking a step back. Does this mean, Exactly, gentlemen, Ashland grinned. Rules which you bent on occasion, Jason interjected. Only patience and persistence would turn the animal into a friend. It didnt work. Remember your mother was only fifteen at the time of the betrothal. I know the subject of the visit but nae the conclusion., Well, I wont keep you fine gentlemen in suspense much longer. His hand whisked over his beard and up into his hair. But, Its hard when its your own family. Lottie patted his shoulder as she picked the cups from the table. What are you doing just standing there?, Putting his feet in motion again, he walked over to lean on the porch rail. I said we need a family vote.. Prejudice of the kind the man had displayed couldnt be coddled, even if it did mean the loss of a huge contract. Jeremy jerked his head back just in time to avoid the boot whisking by his nose. He couldnt recall, in all the years theyd known each other, Aaron making the slightest mention of his mother. Its his turn tonight and we wouldnt want to deprive him of the pleasure of cleaning all of the evenings dishes., He patted Jason on the shoulder as he crossed to the door. I need to see that you want this as much as I do. Hed thought of little else for the previous week. As hed suspected, Lottie stood on his porch when he opened his door. Of all of Stempels devious plots and condescending attitudes, his heritage was the one thing Josh couldnt hold against him. Im talkin about siccing your loggers on me. Aaron knew in his gut Jason had nothing to do with the attack but at the moment he was willing to say almost anything to get Jason out of his office. The red-heads ax bit into the cedar with unusual vigor. Why would I know why that man does anything? Jeremy, I dont think Josh is the only one whos acting like grumpy old bear., Jeremy wiped a hand over his face. Aaron carefully scraped the razor down the line of his jaw. I have never thought of myself as cowardly, but the thought of seeing hatred in those eyes shrivels a piece of my soul. Well, why dont we get going then? Grateful, he nodded. Unlike Jason, Aaron never had been much good at lying. The gathering gloom of evening matched the darkness in his heart. Why dont you come in?, Fluttering her eyelashes at him, she threw him bright grin. What she knows. The man had a right to be called family. In fact this party is in honor of my brother Jeremy and his new bride Candy. I know what a parent is. 2020 - Colonel Shaun Geoffrey Christopher, son of Air Force Captain John Christopher, and grandson of Jimmy Christopher (Operator #5), heads the first manned Earth-Saturn-Titan probe (Star Trek . Just close the damned thing, he told himself. Go, Uncle. He cant touch me if I dont let him. No matter what she might have been feeling inside, she held her head high.. Will it be able find its way home? After making sure Jeremy had Thompson started on his journey, Joshua headed back to the mill office. With Maddie so sick, it would kill her if she knew. They broke up reluctantly, trailing off in small groups, the buzz of rumor already starting. Scattered around the room were a half-dozen loggers and mill-workers. Relax. Jon is so happy. Jason noticed them at the same time. Here he was the boss. Maybe you can build a family relationship too., Hands on his hips, Jeremys eyes wandered up to the ceiling. After a long sleepless night, Jason stormed into Aaron Stempels office without knocking. What did the man really think of him? The deep voice dragged him back to his surroundings. No! Aaron let out his breath, feeling as staggered as Thompson looked. He said "Jeremy, you usually don't have this hard a liquor this early in the day. Bunching his shoulders around his ears, he dropped his head. All the brothers agreed and gulped their drinks. I dont think this cat can be put back in its bag. Just different than we were aware of before. He answered firmly, Absolutely not., I vote no, too. Where is he? Those idiotic expectations had only made it worse when Jonathan Bolt not only denied any tender feelings for his son, but also denied Aarons very existence. A day to celebrate your love and the beginning of your lives together.
How To Adjust Ceiling Fan Blade Angle, Percussion Cap Pistol, Clovis Community Hospital Medical Records, Articles H