The offenders vehicle may also have been altered with a new paint job or re-upholstery. Two witnesses said theyd seen the white SUV parked between two bike trail signs. Its very obvious that this horrible tragic event took place because of the heavy drug use and selling of drugs within the families. I think Klunder is probably the perpetrator of this crime. Somebody knows something. This July 13th will be the ninth anniversary of the girls disappearance. In a Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier story published July 26, 2015, interim Evansdale Police Chief Jeff Jensen said the Evansdale cousins case was never to be considered a cold case., WHO-TV reported Feb. 5, 2016, that investigators were still fielding tips in the Evansdale Cousins Case.. I can not stand when people down others for errors. Im often wrong when I do and I find dont know what Im talking about. God bless ! And found by hunters, so obviously people hunt there. I am not saying he was involved, but he has connections to the area. 12/7/20, 5:39 PM I know a lot of people focus on Lyrics mother and father because of their drug history, but some people were focused more on where the girls were found: Seven Bridges Wildlife Area. They decided to visit some historical places and streets of Delphi to hang around. According to a July 11, 2014 report by KWWLs Bob Waters, the reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case had reached $170,000. State police say more audio from libby german's cell phone was played for the victims' Investigators have explained that the details of the crime scene indicate a signature, which can help them identify the killer. (2) Both double murders happened on the same date read backwards (which I do NOT believe was just a coincidence). I follow Iowa Cold Cases on facebook. There are the reverse dates: 7-13-12 / 2-13-17. I dont know what model his car was just that it was at the crushers but someone smelled a rotten odor but it was cleared by fbi Someone who only commits his crime if a bridge is involved in some way, and always leaves the bodies within 50 feet of a slow moving stream. Now, why are you commenting on my comment a year later. They would have been left in front of their homes, or photos would have been sent of them harmed before they died. She loved singing, riding her bike and playing softball and hockey. The FBI knows. Hes killed before. Died at U of I Hospital? Volunteers soon came out by the hundreds, organizing candlelight vigils, press conferences, and searches. Believe me, sometimes the general public knows way more than law enforcement agencies will ever know and to me those people are just as guilty as the killers for keeping that information secret. Even though LE has stated they do not believe the two to be connected in any way, the similarities really are chilling. I want laws changed I want parents aware and deligent and I want the closed minded masses to think for theirselves to put the children first. Im being a broken record here, but for a good reasonLOOK DEEPER INTO THE CONNECTIONS THE >FAMILIES< HAD IN THE DRUG WORLD I pray every day for you and Your family and Pray that today you will get Justice for Elizabeth , I share The information every day online in Hopes it may help. They believe that the offender may be a member of the Evansdale community, and that its not likely they are transient or just an individual that was passing through. There are still no updates or leads that have led to any arrests. Nothing adds up about thier stories and the behavior or the police department was either shady as a whole and Kent figured it out. Yes! Questions. Her dog, Gus, also attended the graveside service and was decorated with a rose. By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies and other technologies. We always talk about local creeps and crimes and she began the tour by pointing out a house where an awful person lived, not the suspect, but inferences could be drawn by some psychologists, sociologists, and criminologists if they are related because they have the same name. I see Rydell is a dealer in Waterloo where he got the car. They do mingle in the same places as the girls families and are personally acquainted with some of the family members, as well as with law enforcement officers. Those girls probably saw them in the house and was never told they are bad people. Thank you! And I think I know who it is. Now that theres a little bit of a lull, we are able to start poring through those reports and make those connections., Witnessed described the vehicle as a large and clunky white SUV and an old-style boxy suburban.. Its the significance between similarities that matters. After walking around looking for the girls It was later confirmed by the Delphi Police in a Press Conference that it was indeed the bodies of Abby and Libby that had been found, thus throwing a. Shes tells me her friend in Evansdale gave her the number of a good cardiologist in Waterloo. I was watching the ID Channel, and a episode came on about a prisoner named Kevin Sweat from OK state prison. I am sad, so sad for these families. Kent did it. They said the car/truck stunk when they got it. * The next time you want to attack A) their; B) theyre; C) there grammatical or spelling errors, you might want to first check your own and remember why this website exists. Roger, How is it obvious that this tragic event took place because of the heavy drug use and selling of drugs within the families? I live about 20 miles from the lake where the girls were abducted. His DNA can be on them and their bodies. I think it would be great if people stopped attacking the family members for their mistakes and drug use. This actually happens a lot within the world of illegal drug use and dealing of drugs. Thats why i think the drug dealers have something to do with it. But, it is one piece of the pie. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. I dont know why people think it would be hard to take two little girls. Authorities say Michael James Klunder, 42, took the girls to a hog confinement lot where he worked and zip-tied their hands. Both occurred in tiny rural towns. Now, is it clearer that this is realistic ? She had a heart of compassion for her family and her friends. Even if I am proven wrong by an arrest of a drug cartel member, other children and adults in this state have been spotted, stalked, killed, and dumped. Not all mutilated like you would expect from such animals. Although I have to admit Id like hear what she has to say. These were not not run of the mill Druggies that you see on tv sitting on a tore up couch in a 825 mobile home. To the investigators: I am sure you must know these things, but you should talk to XXXXXX. Her daughter is still very nave and even now doesnt grasp the ramifications of some of these acts. She was a student at Poyner Elementary School and was a bubbly little person, with the best smile, who loved what life had to give and all it had to offer. And the pairs of girls resemble each other in appearance. This happened not far from where I grew up. he hadnt been on the job for more then a couple weeks, recently retiring from the jail as a deputy. His crime was in 2008. XXXXX sent December 7, 2020 Here it is, as I see it, and this site PROVES, children get abducted and murdered everywhere. I thought they were looking at that guy from Northwood IA for this. Thats your investigation. Old people love to talk about other old people. There is someone out there, other than the person(s) who committed this crime, that knows the identity hoping someone gets a conscious and reveals who it is. Were coming for you, Trelka said. Its so close to Highway 20 its hard to believe someone snatched them from the trail. The one that kind of got the ball rolling was actually several months later. Locals in a bar/club who knew the girls and their families talked about this and never did anything??????? Have you told any law enforcement that you know all these details? J Bacteriol. Someone knew it was Richard in that video 2020. Maybe the FBI didnt have enough information. Do they even recover cause of death in Evansdale finding the bodies 5 months after the abduction? Likely he did this to deflect suspicion on the other one involved. He was 71, so he had been in prison for approximately 44 years. Also in May 2014, Drew Collins and Waterloo Director of Safety Services Dan Trelka traveled to Utica, New York, to participate in the Ride for Missing and Exploited Children. That would be the two house addresses. For misappropriation of law enforcement resources. I would bet anything it had to do with the drugs n ratting ppl out.makes me sick to my stomach because I was down by the lake twice that day within that time frame.. Steve, am sure you have done so did you see anything or remember anything? The ED bodies were going 6+ months later so they were so badly decomposed and scattered from the animals that a definite answer was improbable. The children were moved from the abduction site and their bodies were dumped in a more remote area 25 miles away, so, like the police said, the abductor most likely lives in and knows the area. Investigators do not have the info they need to rule on linkage. I may drive up and look at all that other stuff next week. Because the girls were presumably kidnapped in a fairly quiet, isolated area (the lake), I believe they were probably seen either in town, and followed to the abduction site, or someone at the lake happened to see them. You sent December 7, 2020 Me too,its 2020 and no investigating? a rookie no longer on duty. XXXXXX sent December 7, 2020 I pray there is one some day. I have a clean record and have never been in trouble with the police since I was a young man Im 45 years old and am not a druggy I own my own business and am home with my childeren every night . The police were so freaked out that they actuially stood on the prints and smoked before the detectives got there. :-(. XXXXXXX sent December 7, 2020 Doesnt it seem more likely that these are two separate cases that happen to share some unimportant coincidences than the work of an overly elaborate serial killer? Lyric was a very special young lady. Lyric was survived by her parents, Dan and Misty Morrissey; her brother, Dillin Morrissey; maternal grandmother, Wylma Cook and paternal grandmother Vicki Weikert; paternal great-grandmother Ilene Weikert; maternal uncles and aunts Russel Bertch, Kathy and Paul Anderson, Tammy (favorite aunt) and Bill Brousseau, Tracy and Denise Bertch, Heather and Drew Collins, and Jeramia Cook. My father Dennis Ross Harmon was the killer of the Delphi girls give me a call at 502-965-3372 Dennis Ross Harmon was his name and my younger son Dylan. I do still hold out hope that Delphi will be solved. They were able to confirm a bunch of things that show he wasnt in the Evansdale area at the time. So surely law enforcement has asked for cell phone pings at the Lake when the girls were there and then tracked those pings to actual owners of those cell phones. Im sorry no child is safe. The girls' bodies were found the following day, approximately half a mile from the bridge. Lyric was older than her little cousin and also very big for her age at 160 pounds. Well want to look and see if there are any attributes from those cases that are at all consistent with this case.. Im sorry Im still sending prayers. If you read about what happened in Delphi, Indiana in February 2017, its hard not to make connections with the Evansdale case. I live in a town of 500. There is too much here for the FBI to clear him. Your ignorant fir calling someone that. Some have speculated if a serial killer is haunting the Midwestern United States. All three witnesses said theyd seen the SUV sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on July 13, 2012, the same day and approximate time period when the girls went missing, WHOTV Channel 13 reported on June 24, 2012. Her daughter said R. Fitz attempted to get her to kiss his .., but more alarming, his wife was there and she laughed and said, Russell, put that thing away and made some comment that he needed to quit doing that stuff. On the morning of Friday July 13th, 2012, cousins Elizabeth Collins (right) and Lyric Cook-Morrissey (left) were dropped off at their grandmother Wylma Cooks house, which sits along Brovan Boulevard in downtown Evansdalea town in Black Hawk County, Iowa with a population of around 5,000. That was a 15 year old girl Kathlynn Shepard and her 12 year old friend from another small town in Iowa. Its an area few people would know about. She attended Kingsley Elementary School and was 10 years old. This is the most obscure area in the park and is next to I-350. The word is probably as in you probably did not make it past eigth grade. Not the kind of place and random trucker would know about or be able to drive their truck easily into. but as far as i know.. we dont know if they were kept captives all this time or not. There is something wrong with you. On Thursday, August 21, 2014, Evansdale police unveiled a new web page http://evansdalepolice.org/latestonlyricandelizabeth.php to act as a clearinghouse for information on the unsolved case. Five blocks from my home a murdered womans body was dumped. If you'd like to reprint a post or case summary, please contact us with the name of the requested post/article. Delphi may well have been an attempted abduction, a la Evansdale, which went wrong due to the girls being that bit older, stronger and more aware of what was happening. They were also in agreement that Seven Bridges Wildlife Area represented an important part of the case, The Gazette reported Feb. 3, 2015. I cant believe something so heinous took place in a small town. Graveside services for Elizabeth were held at Waterloo Memorial Park Cemetery on Saturday, May 4, 2013, in Waterloo. Local representatives can answer questions about the Profiles website or help with editing a profile or issues with profile data. I dont know her name I will be in Evansdale Wednesday So its not impossible that a dealer would do something like that to someones child in order to ensure silence. I just dnt knw. ( Libby/ Elizabeth) One girl in each set was being raised by grandparents. I am driving to Evansdale to get the house numbers in that block because I cannot figure out his moms name. The evansdale city or other law enforcement / first responder took them. Both crimes occurred less than a mile from a four- lane highway. I wonder if there is a connection :(. No family deserves this to happen to their child. Fingers crossed that their case gets solved soon! Getter done. It is obvious why everyone jumped to the conclusion it might have been a trucker. Maybe they want everyone involved? Some believe that Dans criminal past was the reason the girls were abducted. Altmayer was arrested in November and accused of trying to lure a 6-year-old girl in his car near Onawa. He's wagon of mail was found a block away from his house. Spewing awesomeness all over the web! I may just tell her to thank her friend for the docs number, and oh by the way how is she doing. As in all small towns, everyone knows everyone and the girls and their families, and the murders were the topic of conversations for some time in all the places she hung out. You may have interviewed the gentleman I am addressing here. I think they found that he was innocent on this one. Hopefully with time theyll fess up if they dont get busted first. While stranger abductions are exceedingly rare, I also doubt that this crime was committed by someone very familiar to the girls. Copyright 2023 Iowa Cold Cases, Inc. All rights reserved. I also often wonder how they were able to rule him out. This case was just a mess! He supposedly had two previous arrests involving children. He is also listed as a Missing Person from North Liberty, Iowa, according to the Iowa Dept.
Iowa Federal Indictments 2019, Otesure Careers Canada, Navy Officer Promotion Ceremony Script, Articles L