If need be you can add appropriately sized storage bins on top of the lids as well. It has not been easy to access the oil filter on the Beta engine. The problem was where to put it plus what to make it from. I also don't fancy those deep cockpits, regardless of how fast they theoretically drain 2000 mile range on 250 gal of fuel ? Not only does this harken back to traditional seamanship-focused designs, which should make for excellent handling, but the narrow beam also makes the SeaPiper 35 trailerable. The tanks, while large, were needed to service this high usage of fuel. Or, they are a tad incomplete, leaving it to the buyer, and the first cost is by no means the last. The standard refrigerator is fine as a refrigerator but its freezer is totally inadequate. Tennessee North Carolina To increase the shower stall volume, what I did was to adopt the technique which is now used in home tube showers, but I made it retractable. The published maximum range of 2,000 nautical miles at 7 knots is almost jaw . We also make sure that all owners have access to the detailed diagrams we have developed. This is not a very enjoyable experience. Even if one added a $30k stabilizer that boat would not fare well in my neck of the woods. We located the second panel on the top of the pilot house immediately behind the original one. Victoria For us it was the forward section of the dinette table plus the area referred to as the navigation station. Nothing beats well-engineered and executed systems in the long term: you'll truly enjoy everything on SeaPiper being reliable and staying that way. However this through hull lets water in from time to time, making for a very wet locker. Montana To help mediate this possible problem I added a electrically driven prime pump to the diesel line entering the engine. It consists of a tubular frame mounted in the top of the cockpit seat. When in use, you pull it out, attach a board to the top surface (I use a plastic board with clips to attach it to the tubes) and then add the cushion. We have spent a lot of time fine-tuning the systems onboard SeaPiper. We can watch all our streaming channels. North Dakota You can see that we located a lot of plumbing and equipment inside the channels between the extra tall inner stringers and the longitudinal bulkheads. Look at it go! Cool layout on it, would be a fun intercoastal cruiser for a couple. The Forum is a free service, and much like the "free" content on Public Radio, we hope you will support WoodenBoat by subscribing to this fabulous magazine. SeaPiper Forum - Compact Modern Trawler SeaPiper Forum Forum Topics Posts Activity SeaPiper 35 General SeaPiper Discussion Topics go in here SeaPiper General Discussion Technical / Driveline / Systems How do I. The fuel/water separators (one for each wing tank) are located outboard for easy servicing, and both raw water strainers are located to port directly above both intake seacocks which makes clearing a blocked raw water intake simple. Used 2018 SeaPiper 35 for sale with the beautiful name "Cahoots" is located in St. Petersburg (Florida, United States of America). One thing I have found objectionable is the shower accomodation in the head. In an attempt to ameliorate the situation I added SS handles on each of the three walls above the bunk. SeaPiper now offers truly exceptional maneuverability for a single screw vessel. If these descriptors get you excited, you should probably check out the manufacturers website and inquire about pricing, availability, and the like. When I am aboard operating the vessel or sleeping I want to know when a bilge pump runs and which one it is. Nice advertisement. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. The front is designed such that the glass panel could be zippered out on the sides and bottom, and pinned up to the overhead. Rhode Island This alternator has a high output which is more than I will need but it is better to run an alternator below rating for reliability reasons. While this is on the conservative side for a 35' yacht, the manufacturer touts a cruising speed of 7 to 9 knots, with a top speed of around 10 knots. by BradB last updated 11 months ago 30 Replies Davit System installed on #9 by Nine last updated 1 year ago 3 Replies To clarify the price $195,000 and buy SeaPiper 35 - contact the offerer! Cool looking boat half the price of a finished lobster boat. The main point I want to make here is that the designer/builder -- Ritzo Muntinga -- is a prince of a guy and apparently an amazing talent. Starboard came to mind but I was afraid the stark whiteness would not compliment the interior. The first SeaPiper 35 to be delivered was sold after its debut at the Newport, CA boat show in April. These cookies do not store any personal information. We feel this design leads to a clean engine room with great access to the equipment and plumbing. To learn more about this program read here: Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8 Beta 4. To this end I added lights with self contained alarms which signal when a pump is running. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Sign up for our monthly eNewsletter. Upon studying both new and used boats I quickly found out that the boat I visualized didnt exist. ). Welcome aboard, and a very nice write up with good photos on your blog. I found that two cups of water boils 3-4 times faster with induction heating relative to the heating the same volume on a gas stove. So, I decided to once again return; however, this time at an advanced mature age, I went to the Dark side, or shall I say the Grey side. More Info Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Previous Thread | Top | Next Thread A real boat, not a top heavy spaceship, like most modern production boats. "I know it's contrary to the spirit of the boat, but do you know if Air Conditioning can be added?". However, in the present age, cell phone communication on the water is very popular, as is WiFi. I chose to guarantee this by adding an optional Seakeeper gyro stabilizer. The controller I chose was a MPPT Smart Solar Charge Controller 100/30 made by Victron Energy. The water and fuel capacity must be consistent with the need for longer-term travel independent of marinas. To the propane stove, we added an electric combination dry fryer, broiler, oven and toaster. I surrounded the base of the antenna with a plastic frame. To see what Seapiper has to offer please continue browsing this site. Minnesota We have completed SeaPiper #4 and #5 and they are now underway to their new owners. SeaPiper Model: 35 Year: 2018 Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States Type: Power Yacht LOA: 35 ft 11 in Display Length: 35 ft Beam: 8' 6" Yacht Category Trawlers Water Capacity: 140 gals Fuel Capacity: 160 gals Engine Details: Beta Marine 85 4 Cylinder Engine 1: 207.00 HRS 83.00 HP Engine Fuel: Diesel Our Great Harbour trawler is built the same way. Recently for coastal cruising the internet was the go to place for weather. The air draft is 16 ft. New South Wales Ohio There are several advantages to the new belowdecks layout: getting around in the engine room is now easier plumbing and wiring runs are simpler and cleaner we now have a single (larger) hatch in the mid cockpit to get below. Also when one opens the sliding door leading from the pilot house particularly when underway, there is a rush of air filled with spray that meets you as soon as the door is opened. Forum Bourse NICOX - 18/01/2023 09:18:35 - Tu vas voir L'ensemble des analyses et/ou recommandations prsentes sur le forum BOURSORAMA sont uniquement labores par les membres qui en sont . Eliminating the propane allows me to fiberglass off the water inlet to the locker. There seems to be a lot of discussions about the Seapiper 35. Nice write up on your blog. SeaPiper states that they are building the first five hulls (which are already sold), have hulls 6 through 10 spoken for, and are taking more requests now. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post. Seapiper Production Moves Back to the U.S. SeaPiper with Seakeeper 2 Gyro Stabilizer. Adjectives like practical, versatile, seaworthy, low-maintenance, and economical are often used to describe the stout-looking SeaPiper 35 thats clearly made for long distance cruising. Since I am an owner of hull #5 which I received in August 2019 I thought my input might be of interest. South Australia Another defining feature is apparent upon approach; the modest 8 6 beam. Alberta At the same time, getting the engine low in the hull improves stability and reduces rolling, and whats more, it frees up room above the engine for storage, work space, or accommodations. He has worked as a commercial fisherman, wandered aimlessly around the world, studied oil spills, and was a contestant on the Norwegian reality TV show "Alt for Norge.". They are a small manufacturer, build one boat at a time, semi-Custom. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Plus ,it was incredibly well priced. So, who better to produce the Seapiper than MMG, where we build traditional performance cruising sailing yachts and Downeast-style cruising motor yachts using the latest FRP technology, including 100% infused layup and all acrylic-modified epoxy resins. You must log in or register to reply here. The superstructure, which used to be built in five individual pieces is now being built as a single piece that is structurally better and saves weight. This meant not only replacing the alternator and its mounting but also the pulleys on the engine. This required more attention. It would happen at the most inconvenient time making it difficult to go below and remedy the problem. Expansion of the comfortable seating in the cockpit.This increases seating in the cockpit when the cockpit doors are not being used, such as when underway. Here is a LINK to the SeaPiper Specification which includes the latest information on the new design features and some key dimensions. To solve this, we requested a freezer option, which is an Isotherm Bi41 which has worked out well. The Beta engine uses the output from the alternators field signal to provide the pulses to the the tachometer which is mounted on the engine control panel. For these reasons we decided to add a second 400W solar panel with a second Victron MPPT 100/30 Controller giving us a total of 800W of solar energy. As with everything, there is always a downside: the open cockpit lacks protection when one has to visit the fore cabin for whatever reason, mainly going to the head. Labrador Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. I mounted a winch on one of the vertical braces; and through a series of blocks, I brought both hauling leads over to the winch. The engine room is easy to get around in with the master relays and large fuse blocks mounted on the forward engine room bulkhead. The antenna itself is a phased array system which in itself optimizes the received signal. He believes that MMGs Tartan/Legacy operation is uniquely suited to producing the Freedom tm Seapiper 35. Quality control is of the utmost importance. -------- The anchor well of the Seapiper is quite voluminous. water, 8.6 beam so still trailerable. Or call +1 (949) 305-4200. Coupling this with the periods of unrelenting sun, I think you get my point. The anchor I chose was a Rocna 25 (55 lb) which is about the largest that could be put up there. As such, these are not brochure quality but will give a good feel for our interior quality! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Since you now know an owner and you are interested, ask away! Beam Captain! The 120ACV I connected to the rear of the AC outlet next to the faucets. LOA is 32'9", beam is 11'7", and displacement is just over 13,000 pounds. The device works by spinning a heavy wheel in a frictionless environment. The 8.5 ft makes it easily trailerable and naturally inexpensive to ship. One unique perk is a swing-open transom, which opens the entire cockpit up to the swim platform. This gave us two linear feet of book shelves. Since the bottom of the engine can nestle down into the top of the skeg box, Sea Bright skiffs are one of the few relatively light boats that can fit engines low enough to have virtually no shaft angle (that is , their propeller is parallel to the waterline). Prince Edward Island Beam looks a little narrower than some others - wondering if anyone knows about it's sea keeping abilties. The pump can be activated on the instrument panel. The following are a number of additions which we found to be most useful. This, plus the Seakeeper, the electronics, the auto pilot, refrigeration and the rest of the electronics plus miscellaneous electrical equipment adds up to a significant electrical load. My concern was, since the hull is relatively narrow, there would be a natural tendency to roll even though all design attempts were made to the contrary. Saskatchewan These pictures were taken during the final construction phase, before the cushions and various covers were installed. While small, I found the sink and commode to work out OK, but with the shower there is just not enough room. Contact us if you are interested in technical or pricing information for our SeaPiper 35. The Seakeeper engineers claim that their Seakeeper 2 would reduce roll of the Seapiper by 85-90%, and they were right. Iowa like a skeg. . I decided to buy a trawler. South Dakota (Which is located, serendipitously, along one segment of the Great Loop.). Check here for details! I divided it in two sections: the aft section contains 200 ft of 5/16 chain and the forward section has 200 ft of 5/8 braided rode. I need more beam! New scupper box design:We have changed the scupper configuration in the mid cockpit. The lightening does not usually hit the boat but rather it hits the power grid with the resulting transients translated into the boat through the boats power cord. Sounds like you are happy with it? To clarify the price $195,000 and buy I can see it being nice for a couple when traveling from town to town with lots of opportunities to tie up to a dock or pier and get off the boat. It was designed by an incredibly talented young engineer from the Netherlands, Ritzo Muntinga, now native to San Diego. Maryland Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Click HERE to download the latest SeaPiper Systems Diagrams. We discovered Induction Cooking. This makes for an easer gymnastic getting in or out of the bunk!! This vessel was designed and built by the SeaPiper trawlers. GO TO: ORDERING INFORMATION. Hailing from Aliso Viejo, California, is a brand-new build with an old-school outlookthe SeaPiper 35. The power consumption is 1800W which is the rating of each of the AC plugs in the boat. Solid extra-thick laminate FRP hull for safety and strength with FRP deck and superstructure. Welcome to the forum Herman. He was raised in Portland, Oregon and got his BS in Marine Science at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL where he lived aboard a 1973 Catalina 27 before moving to Washington and an Albin Vega. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Add to this, high gain antennas and cell signal amplifiers and you have a seemingly reliable source for weather information for coastal cruising. The Seapiper boatbuilding operation is being moved back to the USA, where the line will be produced under the Freedom Yachts trademark as the Seapiper 35. This is acceptable, but not as good as when it is enhanced with the servo system. For coastal cruising the VHF radio has always been a vital link for marine communications. I bought into the problem of speed: after all, I have spent 50 years happy to be able to go at six knots, exceedingly happy at seven knots, even ecstatic at eight knots and scared sh****ss at 10 knots. Im looking for something for a shallow inlet on cape cod. 6 months from placing order to delivery. Additionally, there are sliding doors at each cockpit door plus access to the fore deck on either side of the fore cabin. The Freedom tm Seapiper 35 will remain mission-focused on delivering maximum value and utility in a rugged, compact, trailerable trawler-yacht package that will embody more than 60 years of proven American craftsmanship and quality. Can't wait to see it in local waters. From a distance, the SeaPiper 35 looks like a cross between a small yacht and a classic U.S. Coast Guard Motor Lifeboat 36, with an enclosed aft wheelhouse, large center cockpit, and cabin forward. Quebec SeaPiper Forum SeaPiper 35 SeaPiper General Discussion no news is good news? Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Going the Distance The SeaPiper 35 was built to wander farup to 2000 nautical miles, and do it with utter simplicity so it can be serviced with minimal handiness and tight budget.
Suzanne Moore Obituary, Articles S