LOCATION:- Thorseby Hall, Nottinghamshire The hotel including the original old house was a superb location to wind down and chill out. (-0.5) for the background music.CROCKERY:- Oh Dear! Not the best feeling when you've paid hundreds of pounds to stay in your hotel. Dates are subject to availability. Paris, our friendly and knowledgeable guide, shows us some of the period features of the building original stained-glass windows and a breathtakingly intricate carved wooden mantelpiece in the library, depicting the Major Oak, Robin Hood and Little John. We will giving our team a well deserved break and will be closed from Saturday 7th January, reopening on Saturday 21st January 2023. Kind Regards, Megan. Food is good (generally - see comments below). Double booked our wedding room, poor service. They had nearly completed theirs when we initially sat down and were still there after we had done. We arrive at the hotel once a magnificent stately home, surrounded by rolling countryside and are awed by the sheer size of the Grade I-listed building. The original main building is very old and grand, with a beautiful 'Great Hall' where we listened to fantastic jazz and swing from 'Smooth Duo' whilst sipping cocktails. In my experience, a tea menu is always offered. We are sorry to hear a couple of aspects of your stay didn't quite meet your expectations, however please be assure your comments have been noted, will be collated with that of our other guests and used when or where possible to make the necessary improvements to our guests experience. Call or Text us! Not one piece of china in sight. Kelly our server for meals is excellent, attentive, friendly & knowledgeable, serving with a smile. Very upsetting to say the least. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The restaurant had a very interesting menu, and the staff managed to cope with the buffet area being out of order for several meals. My husband and I have just returned from a week's break at Thoresby Hall. Mums bedroom had ample grab rails to help her cope. A pleasant change from ham and mustard.SCONES:- Ooh! Copyright.2023.Experience Days. Staff are friendly & welcoming. With stunning views of the surrounding estate, the beautifully decorated Great Hall is the perfect setting for an afternoon tea . Required fields are marked *. PRESENTATION:- the simple freshly launderedLOCATION:- Thorseby Hall, NottinghamshireVENUE:- The Blue Grill Restaurant is the perfect setting in this 19th century county house hotel, for an afternoon tea. Thoresby Hall A grade 1 listed 19th century country house retreat with spa, gardens and fine dining. Plenty of quizzes, activities and the swimming pool/spa to keep you busy, so there is no need to venture off site.The entertainments team did a good job generally (particular mention to Shaun and his 'Topol', and the 'Phantom of the Opera' renditions with a colleague who has a beautiful soprano voice)However - The Not Quite So Good - whilst on the entertainments side - last time we came to Thoresby (3 or so years ago) the shows by the ents team were far more 'theatrical' - there were costumes and generally the staging was of a higher standard. CROCKERY:- Oh Dear! Actually to be fair when you can get some food it is "adequate" but we have not yet once received what we ordered, tonights menu should have had three options for fish - there was one, (which was not even on the menu!) (LogOut/ Pamper Days and Afternoon Teas at Thoresby Hall A pamper day spa experience at Thoresby hall in Nottinghamshire is a truly unforgettable experience, as you relax in the lap of absolute luxury, enjoying full use of the incredible state-of-the-art leisure facilities and relishing the tranquility of the beautiful Sherwood forest location. The afternoon tea itself was adequate, but certainly nothing I will recommend.It is quite clear that afternoon tea at Thoresby is an aside and not a passion for the management.More, Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Thoresby Hall Hotel for Afternoon Tea, your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used when or where possible to make improvements to this experience. Enter through the magnificent central tower and ascend to the Blue Room at Thoresby Hall, set in idyllic Nottinghamshire countryside, to take tea in grand style. Celebrate an achievement, a birthday, or a special, This hovercraft flying special offer is wet, wild and an exciting day out for all thrillseekers! To build your own Itinerary, click to add an item to your Itinerary basket. Spend the afternoon together at the beautiful Thoresby Hall 4-Star hotel, set within the stunning surroundings of the Thoresby Hall Estate in Nottinghamshire. of another location to stay. High sculptured ceilings and damask silk walls reflect how this house used to be. Due to disability we cant do that. (-0.5) for the background music. AMBIENCE:- There were a couple of things that spoilt the ambience; the first was the gaggle of cackling hens on the next table. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in many free call packages. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. We are very sorry to hear your experiences have been disappointing, these certainly aren't in keeping with our usual high standards we strive so hard to achieve, and as mentioned in comparison to the regular positive reviews recently. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Upon arrival we found that I could move around the room and the access to toilet was fine BUT there was step in shower , one hand rail nd no drop down seat for me to shower safely. Customer Service Opening Times:9:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday LOCATION:- Thorseby Hall, Nottinghamshire. With beautiful views of the estate's exquisitely landscaped parklands, the elegantly decorated Great Hall is the perfect setting for afternoon tea for two. Leisure Club included with your stay: Thoresby Hall also offers the below facilities: Get out and about in the beautiful Nottinghamshire countryside. Kind Regards, Megan, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. Of course the hotel has very little control over this type of thing. Why they cant allocate a parking space per room I don't know (not enough spaces perhaps? Thoresby Hall. Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall: Thoresby Hall Nottinghamshire - See 3,815 traveler reviews, 1,809 candid photos, and great deals for Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall at Tripadvisor. Buyagift is the UK's leading provider of experience days and gift experiences. (+0.5). We are of course very sorry to hear of your disappointment in reference to redeeming your expired voucher. All rights reserved. Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall: Thoresby Hall Nottinghamshire - See 3,815 traveller reviews, 1,809 candid photos, and great deals for Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall at Tripadvisor. Enjoy 25% off selected rooms at Thoresby Hall Find your break Our rooms In every room, we've maxed up the warm and welcoming factor to give you nothing short of a great night's sleep. We also waited 45 mins for corned beef hash one morning, only to find it inedible! An Experience Days Gift Pack is sent via the shipping method of your choice. There was also Tex Mex on the menu that evening - but strangely enough most of the guests wanted their roast beef. You'll find nice-to-have amenities including free Wi-Fi, towels, a TV, hairdryer, comfy chairs and reading lights and tea & coffee-making facilities with biscuits. Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall: Afternoon Tea - Read 3,766 reviews, view 1,787 photos, and find great deals for Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall at Tripadvisor These are fluffy and light, and we top them with generous lashings of Cornish clotted cream and a layer of Tiptree strawberry jam (in that order, naturally). US: www.XperienceDays.com Hello,Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent break with us. Why on earth, any entertainment manager, would think it was. Questions? Leek and Potato soup was a gelatinous goop that tasted of nothing followed by a tiny microwaved jacket potato with virtually no cheese and half a lettuce leaf. Hello,Thank you very much for taking time in writing your feedback about your experiences at Thoresby Hall Hotel. And that is about where it ends sadly as for Dinner B&B deal for just under 1300 the food is terrible. Room types may vary. A wonderful salesman for Thoresby Hall, obviously extremely proud of his work & job. Breakfast we ordered did not turn up. With stunning views of the surrounding estate, the beautifully decorated Great Hall is the perfect setting for an afternoon tea for two. E & O E. Registered company number 06789563. VENUE:- The Blue Grill Restaurant is the perfect setting in this 19th century county house hotel, for an afternoon tea. Conveniently located restaurants include Smoke&Ice, Forest Lodge Hotel Restaurant, and Launay's. Staff lovely and happy in the hotel (reception staff great and accommodating for changes in eating times) - a bit disjointed (I'm being kind) in the restaurant. Call 01934 415000. Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall: Afternoon tea - See 3,662 traveler reviews, 1,690 candid photos, and great deals for Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall at Tripadvisor. We would not stay here again as getting to the restaurant was a long walk and 2 lifts. The venue and food presentation is superb but the food quality and service was mediocre this time with soggy greasy chips served in an attractive mini saucepan to accompany my fillet steak. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. ZA: www.ExperienceDays.co.za. )Anyway moving on reception was fine and friendly. Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall: Afternoon tea - Read 3,678 reviews, view 1,690 photos, and find great deals for Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall at Tripadvisor Heavy, clunky white earthenware. The room could not be faulted and there was a small patio with table and chairs, which was very welcome as the weather was great. Thoresby Hall is a Grade I listed 19th century country house retreat with spa, gardens and fine dining. (LogOut/ Great hotel, friendly staff, average food. Lisa's Tea Treasures Tea Room & Gift Parlour - Los Altos. The swimming pool was excellent, but little used. A stay at Thoresby Hall wouldn't be complete without a trip to our Leisure Centre where you can swim in our wonderful pool or hit the gym. It's great to hear you will be joining us for this break again next year! We scoff the lot. We will take all of the comments on board and I shall be discussing them with our management team during the next meeting. (-1.0) no china Including external vouchers. Offer ends 22 January. The food in the Sherwood Restaurant was exceptionally good and Becky our waitress was always friendly and helpful. If there is entertainment in the theatre and you would a quite room ask for one well away from Have stayed here many times but wont be back any tome soon. Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Thoresby Hall Hotel for Afternoon Tea. A grade 1 listed 19th century country house retreat with spa, gardens and fine dining. Yet, I genuinely think Thoresby Hall's afternoon tea experience is just as amazing and much more reasonably priced. 759 were here. Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Thoresby Hall Hotel, we are delighted to hear you had an excellent stay and really enjoyed the very popular Tony Jacobs and his Big Band Sounds. All the craft demonstrations that used to take place like towel folding have been stopped which is very disappointing. Youll receive personal one-to-one tuition from an expert instructor as, They say laughter is the best medicine, and you and your guest will be the picture of health after giggling your way through a night of, Embrace the quintessential tradition of afternoon tea with this delicious dining experience for two at the Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, situated in the heart of Londons, Tear up the tarmac with this exhilarating supercar driving experience. Nile House, Nile Street We do hope you are able to consider returning to Thoresby Hall again in the future. Instant Email Gift Vouchers are available for those last minute gift ideas. They had perfected the art of multi-tasking breathing, eating and talking; all of them, all at the same time. Myself and my partner both returned home unwell with cold. Excellent facilities and service. Not one person took responsibility for this today and everybody just passed the book!! Theres turkey with sweet cranberry sauce, tangy cheddar cheese and spiced chutney, and velvety smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber. Would I come back? In 2016 we booked room 709 and paid also. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Upon speaking to reception they advised that NO ROOMS had seats and all were step in showers. Staff are very friendly and helpful. (2) Kind Regards, Megan, Spent 5 wonderful days at Thoresby Hall last week - Beautiful setting, comfortable accommodation, good food and great company and of course Spectacular Entertainment provided by the very talented TONY JACOBS - 4 nights of great music from first class musicians and vocalists Catherine Sykes and Louise Cookman, Superb dance routine by Lou Brockman and Heather Gehring from New York City and the ever popular Swing Time Jivers not forgetting the afternoon Jim Barry Trio dance set, Tony and Jim session and much more. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your break and found the accommodation to be of a high standard, in particular the new signature package within our Signature and Historic rooms.However, I am saddened to hear of the issues you faced in regards to the service you received within our restaurant. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. This blog was written by Sophie Milne, Communications Executive at Visit Nottinghamshire. It is wonderful to read such lovely feedback and that you enjoyed our cuisine in the Sherwood Restaurant. Finally the evening entertainment wasnt streamed into the bar as usual apart from on the final night. With stunning views of the surrounding estate, the beautifully decorated Great Hall is the perfect setting for an afternoon . Matilda Jade's Tea Company - Mission Viejo. This delightful hotel boasts a handful of amenities that are. Afternoon Tea at Thoresby Hall Review of Warner Hotels - Thoresby Hall Reviewed 4 September 2017 LOCATION:- Thorseby Hall, Nottinghamshire VENUE:- The Blue Grill Restaurant is the perfect setting in this 19th century county house hotel, for an afternoon tea. Unfortunately, not the case. I usually only write reviews, when I have something good to say, but tonight was that step to far !! Theres just enough time to catch a glimpse of the expansive landscaped gardens and the fountain through the bay windows before the sun sets, darkening the room and making for a cosy and festive atmosphere.
Halifax Mooseheads Jobs, C Diff Poop Pictures, Liddy Jones Baltimore, Portcullis House Tunnel, Alissa Said So Primal Master, Articles T