Hes shy, but hes a quality guy. He has seven grandchildren, two great grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews. We remember George Mikan and Slater Martin and some of those guys who played for the Minneapolis Lakers before they moved to Los Angeles. This was about 42% of all the recorded Van Arsdale's in USA. Player stats broken down into various categories; i.e. 2023 Okanogan Valley Gazette-Tribune and, NW Ice Fishing Fest draws nearly 100 anglers to Sidley Lake, Kretz again elected Deputy Leader as state Legislature begins in-person session, Fee-free day on National Forests in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day holiday. When Id go to the basket quite a bit, he would always get it to me. Fred Van Arsdale, III, 62, of Chattanooga, died Saturday, June 10, 2006 of pancreatic cancer. The two brothers were inseparable and very similar to one another. [Hed extend] his big arm. This was a time in Detroit when Motown was becoming big. night and is recuperating at a Scottsdale hospital. FGA, TRB, AST, PF, GS over 99% complete back to 1975-76. His twin brother Tom, who'd played for various NBA teams including the Detroit Pistons, joined him on the Suns for Van Arsdale's last season. He played in the NBA for twelve seasons; with the Pistons, Cincinnati Royals/Kansas CityOmaha Kings, Philadelphia 76ers, Atlanta Hawks, and Phoenix Suns. Jim is survived by his beloved wife of 50 years, Carol (Worner) Van Arsdale; children, Bradley (Corinna) Van Arsdale, Amy (Art) Bergstresser and Jill (Scott) Cockerell; grandchildren, Rachel, Jacob, Aden, Aaron, Andrew and Nicholas; sister, Helen (Fred) Forbes and other relatives. The 62-year-old Van Arsdale has been with the club since its They have been together since December 26, 1980. ? How does it work? By United press International Ever wonder what would happen if the Van Arsdale twins Ever played to the same National basketball association team Tom and Dick Van Arsdale were Brilliant wednesday night As each hit for Over 30 Points. That was our dream. Historic sales data are completed sales with a buyer and a seller agreeing on a price. He played 929 games without making a single playoff appearance. I played there with Oscar and started in the backcourt with him. Dick: I think it was in July, and the plane had come here. He was a WWII U.S. We rented an apartment at the Lafayette Plaisance, which was a 20-story high-rise apartment complex. Detroit Pistons, 2nd round (3rd pick, 14th overall), 1965 NBA Draft, More Tom Van Arsdale pages at Sports Reference. Regular season: PTS, FG, FT, 3P complete all-time. Eddie Miles, he was an NBA All-Star a couple of times, they called him the Man with the Golden Arm because he could shoot really well. 12 years as a player in the National Basketball Association, shared Trester Award and Mr. Basketball honors with twin brother, DickAll-State as senior at Indianapolis Manual H. Shelped lead Manual to 2 sectional titles, and regional and semistate crowns in '61All-Big 10 and All-American honors at Indiana University . The Family of Thomas VanArsdale will be receiving visitors at the Frederick Funeral Home, 192-15 Northern Blvd., Flushing, N.Y. on Tuesday, May22, 2018 from 2-5 and 7-9pm. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Thomas H. Van Arsdale discover inside connections to recommended job candidates, industry experts, and business partners. Arrangements are under the direction of Traditions Funeral and Cremation Services . He was a loving husband for 63 years to Arlette Carolyn Van Arsdale and beloved father to sons Raymond Jr., Timothy, Keith, and Kyle. Oscar was the big name in Indiana when we grew up. Hed look at you and say Hey Tom, howre you doing?, get a little smile on his face, then hed block every shot you took. In 1970 and 1971, he averaged scoring totals of 22.8 and 22.9 points per game, the latter of which was a career high. The son of a career Army Sergeant Major, he took personal pride in the fact . No services are scheduled at this time. His quickness. Clyde was a member of Oregon Teamsters, Local 81, Sons of the American Legion, Squad 82, Tonasket Eagles Aerie 3002 and the National Rifle Association. Tom Van Arsdale was born in Indianapolis, Indiana. His timing was so good, hed block the shot. You can count on us to help you plan a personal, lasting tribute to your loved one. us, High School: They attended Manual High School with distinction, and were named Co Mr. Indiana Basketball, the state's highest honor. I said, thats great. It took us about two months to like it. We have Tom Van, we have Dick Van, and we have Al-van. Daughter Sherry and son Gary spent their last year of high school living with him in Oregon. You cant even touch him, hes so strong. Find Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok profiles, images and more on IDCrawl - free people search website. Tom: Dick wasnt protected in the expansion draft, when Phoenix and Milwaukee got teams. Mainly clear. CALABASH Raymond Thomas Van Arsdale Sr., 92, passed away Tuesday, April 21, 2020. After the game, Mom and Dad didnt even know wed switched. See Photos. New Jersey had the highest population of Van Arsdale families in 1880. I said, oh my God, Wilt, what have you got in there?. Despite Robertsons departure from Cincinnati in 1970 being somewhat countered by the arrival of another All-Star guard in Tiny Archibald, the Royals continued to finish below .500, and even after being traded himself Van Arsdale never was on a team that made the postseason. He was born in Columbus, Indiana on August 28, 1947, the son of Thomas VanArsdale and Margaret Pike Durham. "The Flying He served 15 years ad a color analyst beside Al McCoy and was Tom Van Arsdale. Tom: Dick and I both agree that if were going to take one player of all the players that ever played throughout the years, for our team, our first player is Bill Russell. Selected by the Detroit Pistons in the second round of the 1965 NBA . In 2006 he moved to Hermiston for two years before returning to marry his dear friend Julie Pratt. Mr. Van Arsdale. Tom: You know what Alvans favorite joke is? Born and raised in Indianapolis, the Van Arsdale twins played together through college and again in Phoenix during the 197677 season,[4] the final for both. My first year, I roomed with Ron Reed who played at the University of Notre Dame and Don Kojis who played at the University of Marquette. Thomas van Arsdale. Despite Robertsons departure from Cincinnati in 1970 being somewhat countered by the arrival of another All-Star guard in Tiny Archibald, the Royals continued to finish below .500, and even after being traded himself Van Arsdale never was on a team that made the postseason. Although he loved his Alma Mater, he never needed a West Point ring on his finger or a rank on his collar to lead - and he rarely wore either. His wife was teaching school. This was her third marriage. Stella was the widow of Henry Wright Hargett (1896-1932; Memorial# 71003563), with whom she had 5 children. Weve got to talk. He says Ive traded you to Cincinnati. I thought, Oh my. Selected by the Detroit Pistons in the second round of the 1965 NBA draft, Van Arsdale was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team in 1966, together with his identical twin brother Dick. Selected by the Detroit Pistons in the second round of the 1965 NBA draft, Van Arsdale was named to the NBA All . Surviving in addition to his husband, Eddie is his son, Troy (Keile) VanArsdale; daughter, Chrissy (Eric) Parante; grandchildren, Anthony (Nicole Genna) VanArsdale, Andrew VanArsdale, Brendan VanArsdale, Cooper VanArsdale, Mackenzie VanArsdale, Parker VanArsdale, Graden VanArsdale; great-grandson, Bennett VanArsdale; siblings, Karen Smith, Jerry Pike, Sherry (Jeff Branson) Hickman, Terry Pike, and Kevin Pike; in-laws, Mary (Doug) DeGriselles, Diane (John) Watson, Robert (Valerie) Bak, John Bak, Theresa (Mike) Burcicki, Barbara (Chuck) Wozniak, and Ally (Phil) Fabi, Peggy Pike; treasured close friends, Sue Fruehauf, Mike Fruehauf, Jim Bachelor, Glenn Yanchitis, Bob Curtin, Doug Novess, Robert Wood, Susan (Howard ) Hillman, Richard Waun, and Kathy Waun; as well as many nieces and nephews. Ron Reed and I slept in the same bed and Don Kojis slept on the couch. With the present Suns players enjoying their offseason, Suns.com decided the summer time is a great chance to catch up with former players for a weekly #SunsThrowback edition of Phoenix basketball history. more in a Suns uniform he still ranks third on the all-time He was like five years ahead of us. IU Basketball News, Hoosiers Recruiting, and Podcasts. accounts, the history behind an article. Looking for Berta Floyd online? Basically we get their memories going just enough to do what they do best: tell us their most memorable stories from their playing days. day. Tom:Id been playing in Detroit for two-and-a-half years. Wanna follow Tom Van Arsdale's net worth? Tom Van Arsdale. Wooden backboard, wooden post. We never listened to them on the radio. Sign up for service and obituary updates. And well carefully guide you through the many decisions that must be made during this challenging time. We got out of the car and we said Oh my God, what is that?! He just didnt look like one. He grew up on a farm near Eagle Grove, Iowa the youngest of nine siblings. Tom: He was a player that made an impact his first year. OBITUARY Thomas Scott Van Arsdale December 5, 1969 - May 20, 2018 IN THE CARE OF Eternal Valley Memorial Park & Mortuary Thomas Scott Van Arsdale was born on December 5, 1969 and passed away on May 20, 2018 and is under the care of Eternal Valley Memorial Park Mortuary. He was born in Columbus, Indiana on August 28, 1947, the son of Thomas VanArsdale and Margaret Pike Durham. Tom: We were not all that aware of what was going on in the NBA. Thats when we started playing. Tom: One of the NBA All-Star games we played in, everybody wanted us to switch. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.frederick-fh.com for the VanArsdale family. I played against him in this pickup game and I said oh my gosh. Updated: November 10, 2011 . He died on 7 December 2008, in Reno, Washoe, Nevada, United States, at the age of 50. . Normally the ad cost for an Instagram ad post is based on the number of followers on the account. Your entry has exceeded the maximum character limit. The former All-Stars recalled playing on dirt courts, competing with and against NBA legends and tricking people with twin powers. To go to the NCAA Tournament, you had to win the Big 10 Championship. Bruce C. Van Arsdale Funeral Home111 North Gaston Avenue, Somerville, NJ 08876Phone: (908) 725-3111Fax: (908) 725-9945, Bruce C. Van Arsdale Funeral HomeCrafted with care by Frazer Consultants & TA. He looked like was too weak. The most Van Arsdale families were found in USA in 1880. "We were together, but the team wasn't a very good team," Dick recalls. Bowel Cancer UK from community.bowelcanceruk.org.uk. The hands were so big. Tom Van Arsdale was drafted by Detroit Pistons, 2nd round (3rd pick, 14th overall), 1965 NBA Draft. When I saw Alvan come here to see him, he was this skinny. We got to the final game and got beat in overtime. Richard Albert Van Arsdale (born February 22, 1943) is an American former professional basketball player and coach, and a current National Basketball Association (NBA) executive. Please feel free to CALL US any time of the day, any day of the week, for immediate assistance. Both brothers enrolled at Indiana University to play under Branch McCracken which was his 22nd season as coach in 1962. Right, Born: February 16, 1924 Thomas P. Van Arsdale May 20, 2018. Clyde was proceeded in death by his parents and siblings: Paul, Opal, Ola, Roy, Dick, Toot and their spouses and baby Eileen that died shortly after birth. He had been a fireman for the ordinance depot outside Hermiston, Ore. for a while in the early 1940s but most of the fires he fought were in the mountains. Thomas Daniel Van Arsdale Obituary Remember Thomas Daniel Van Arsdale. racist or sexually-oriented language. A consecutive three-time All-Star starting in 1970, Van Arsdales play peaked as the Royals lost star Oscar Robertson to the Bucks. all-Americans at Indiana University. Tom played for the Pistons for only three years, but was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team in 1966 along with his brother. His continued education was the result of his reading and his genuine interest in everyone and everything. Last August he announced that because of health problems he would step aside temporarily. Thomas Arthur Van Arsdale (Vandy, Van) Position: Small Forward and Shooting Guard Shoots: Right 6-5 , 202lb (196cm, 91kg) More bio, uniform, draft, salary info 3x All Star 1965-66 All-Rookie 5 17 5 5 5 5 4 SUMMARY Career G 929 PTS 15.3 TRB 4.2 AST 2.2 FG% 43.1 FT% 76.2 PER 13.0 WS 36.6 Tom Van Arsdale Overview Game Logs Tom: When you finally go to training camp, you wake up and you say, these guys are good. It was an adjustment. If you are having difficulty accessing any content on this website, please visit our Accessibility page. He was a past president of Local 3 of the union and remained financial secretary of the local at his death. When he played defense against, hed stick his arm against you and it felt like a bar was being pushed into your side. Dick: I wanted to [swap jerseys] the last game [in Phoenix]. You can still show your support by sending flowers directly to the family, or plant a tree in memory of Linzy Thomas VanArsdale. He served as its business manager, as well as, treasurer of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and as president of the NYC Central Labor Council. The family would like to thank Clydes friends, Dr. Stangland, Frontier Home Health and Hospice and family members for their excellent care allowing Clyde to remain at home. Tom is watching his brother. A consecutive three-time All-Star starting in 1970, Van Arsdales play peaked as the Royals lost star Oscar Robertson to the Bucks. Low 39F. There are no events scheduled. View Tom Van Arsdale results in Oregon (OR) including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. Tom still holds the record for the longest duration of games without a playoff appearance which stands at 929. Dick: When Alvan was with Oklahoma, [Suns Head Coach John] MacLeod knew Alvan was a good player, so he was going to bring him here.
Events In Holland, Mi This Weekend, Biggest Drug Bust In Colorado, Articles T