Your email address will not be published. No, I'm well aware that it won't have new updates every time I run a scan/check, but after a month of checking periodically to make sure I haven't missed any updates, it seems a bit odd it hasn't come up with anything. Everything can be entered through the parameters without the need to modify the code. Has anyone experienced this issue with an uninstall of Dell Update 10 for Windows, using the Revo uninstall app? To install Dell Command | Update for Windows 10 (UWP), run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell: > Package Approved This package was approved as a trusted package on 30 Nov 2022. Curly braces have special meaning in regex. rev2023.1.18.43174. So far I have had really good success. You can use this uninstaller I made: github.com/arcadesdude/BRU. This is what I came up with.. I searched HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall in the registry for an uninstall string, but with no luck. $Folder = 'C:\Program Files\Dell\DellOptimizer\'"Test to see if folder [$Folder] exists"if (Test-Path -Path $Folder) {"Path exists! How To Download Faster In Google Chrome using Parallel Downloading? I know this is an old post but I was just looking for a script to do this and ended up writing my own Powershell script. The first 3 commands work Get-Package -Name "*Dell Command*" | Uninstall-Package Get-Package -Name "*Dell Power Manager Service*" | Uninstall-Package Describe the new features of DataNumen Excel Repair 3. Run DCU if Updates Exist (Condition :File: %programdata%\DCU\DCUUpdatesDrivers.xml exist) Run Dell Command Update Install Driver Updates "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\CommandUpdate\dcu-cli.exe" /log c:\windows\ccm\logs /silent Restart DCU CleanUp Set TS Var "SMSTS_DriversFinishTime" How To fix Teams Add-in Not showing in Outlook? Need to hide text as it's pasted into a script. The Dell Update has only worked once for me-(1st scan/check approx 2 days after my first system bootup-2/18/2020) At that time it located 4 available updates-(2 urgent, 2 recommended), and I installed them all successfully, but since then it runs checks and locates no new updates. Access to this content is granted for free. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. Currently, with my testing, I've determined that the following seems to work for relatively current versions: Now to explain when I do a get-appxpackage, I definitely see supportassist in there, as well as via this win32 app method. Double-click the MSI file.For 32bit operating systems, double-click Command_Monitor_x86.msiFor 64bit operating systems, double-click Command_Monitor_X64.msiIn the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Command | Monitor, click Next.In the Program Maintenance, select Remove and then click Next.In the confirmation screen, click Yes.In the InstallShield Wizard Complete screen, click Finish to complete the uninstallation and close the screen. OPMERKING: Er zijn bepaalde functies in de categorie Pre Enabled waarvoor de helpteksten mogelijk niet beschikbaar zijn. I then searched the registry for the text "2.3.0," the current version of Dell Command | Update, in hopes of finding the uninstall information somewhere else, since there is an option to uninstall it through the Programs and Features section of the Control Panel. Also, I ran that script on one machine to make sure it works as intended and figured out the PSChildName was the same across the board so I just used a static version of the, Though using soon-to-be legacy command line utilities, this will run just fine in PowerShell. I appreciate your input and response. The best way to uninstall is to never install it in the first place. According to Dell's documentation, this should be working. Do you really expect Dell Update to find/install new updates every time it runs? I will do that in the future. The DU app window always lists; "Never" under Last-Check and doesn't change. Duur: 02:56Ondertiteling: Alleen Engelstalig, Dell Command | PowerShell Provider 2.1.0 (uitgebracht - 05/2018), Dell Command | PowerShell Provider 2.0.0 (uitgebracht - 12/2017), Dell Command | PowerShell Provider 1.3.0 (uitgebracht - 07/2017), Dell Command | PowerShell Provider 1.2.0 (uitgebracht - 02/2017), Dell Command | PowerShell Provider 1.1.0 (uitgebracht - 08/2016). Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Any version of Dell Command Update remove script. The closest I have gotten to a working script is the following: All this does though, is remove the program from the start/search menu. The policy file is needed to add proxy settings that are in effect when DCU runs. Splitting will work. JSON, CSV, XML, etc. I have a new XPS 8930 which I updated back in Nov'19 when it arrived and haven't seen very many updates since then, and I check manually every so often. Not the answer you're looking for? "Return $results.countexit 1, catch{$errMsg = $_.Exception.MessageWrite-Error $errMsgexit 1}, #remediation#Date and time$dt = Get-Date -Format "dd-MM-yyyy-HH-mm-ss", $logfile = "$env:temp\csi-delete-delloptimizer-$dt.log"Start-Transcript -Path $logfile, #stop dell optimizer servicesGet-Service -Name "DellOptimizer" | Stop-Service, #Get Dell Optimizer from registry$uninstallstring = get-itemproperty 'HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\*' | Where-Object { $_.DisplayName -match "optimizer service"}, #get the uninstall string for dell optimizer$uninstallstring = $uninstallstring.UninstallString, #add the silent parameter and run throguh cmd to uninstallcmd /c $uninstallstring -silent. That search eventually turned up the key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\D5D245CE806B54148A7F47C920EBD649\InstallProperties, where we can see MsiExec.exe /X{EC542D5D-B608-4145-A8F7-749C02BE6D94} as the uninstall string. Voor de volledige lijst met bekende problemen raadpleegt u Dell Command | PowerShell Provider releaseopmerkingen. Uninstalling Command | Monitor using the MSI file, 3. Here attached image how this done. How to Clear DNS cache in Chrome and Edge? https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2229972-using-pdq-deploy-to-uninstall-dell-supportassist, https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist-for-PCs/Silently-Update-SupportAssist-in-background/td-p/7294483, Microsoft Azure joins Collectives on Stack Overflow. Browse to the Dell.com/support website and enter your Dell Service Tag and view our offers. Uninstall To install Dell Command | Update, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell: > NOTE Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. How to Fix Bad Address Entry On a DHCP Server? I think you have to split it into a path , "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{286A9ADE-A581-43E8-AA85-6F5D58C7DC88}\DellOptimizer.exe" in this case, and the argumentlist which is -remove -runfromtemp . 03:13 AM. Find Frequent Event Viewer Errors & Lookup Their Solutions. So I am having the exact opposite issue. Patches and other security updates are routinely released through Windows Update on the second Tuesday of every month its called Patch Tuesday. powershell.exe -file Update.ps1 -ConsoleTitle "Dell Command | Update" -Policy "BIOS.xml" -BIOSPassword "Pwd", powershell.exe -file Update.ps1 -ConsoleTitle "Dell Command | Update" -Policy "BIOS.xml", powershell.exe -file Update.ps1 -ConsoleTitle "Dell Command | Update" -BIOSPassword "Pwd", powershell.exe -file Update.ps1 -ConsoleTitle "Dell Command | Update", ===========================================================================, Created with: SAPIEN Technologies, Inc., PowerShell Studio 2015 v4.2.99, Returns the location of the currently running PowerShell script. Using the command "Sysmon -u force", I am able to uninstall Sysmon successfully with a return code of 0, however I'm finding it sometimes leaves the Sysmon.exe executable in C:\Windows. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. In the command prompt window, type or copy and paste the command below and hit Enter. There are very complex PowerShell scripts to uninstall software but this is a very simple one I recently used to remove Dell SupportAssist: Get-CimInstance -Classname Win32_Product | Where-Object Name -Match 'Dell SupportAssist' | Invoke-CimMethod -MethodName UnInstall If you don't trust Dell Update, just navigate to the support page for the XPS 8930 and check manually for yourself, or enter your Service Tag and let the site show you the latest drivers, but that doesn't mean those drivers aren't already installed. I've watched some posted vids on YouTube showing how the Revo app uninstall works and it seems athis is Revo uninstall window pretty straightforward process, although I didn't come across any vids showing this Dell Client Mgmt Service app issue appearing in any of those vids. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Ran into a similar problem. And then check if it works. Any PS Ideas on Recreating Start Menu and Taskbar Can not install winget manually with PowerShell Press J to jump to the feed. I just place it there for reference so I know it's been completed and for any future updates we may run on the GUI client. My 1/15/2020 XPS 8930 is running these Dell bits (have to wait for the moderator): wusa /uninstall /kb:updateID Replace the UpdateID with the actual KB Updated ID, from the list and then hit enter. Trying to figure out how I can get this script to run in Intune with the files I want to remove. $DownloadLocation = "C:\Program Files\Dell\CommandUpdate" start-process "$ ($DownloadLocation)\dcu-cli.exe" -ArgumentList "/applyUpdates -autoSuspendBitLocker=enable -reboot=enable" -Wait This installs all available update found during the last scan including BIOS updates, suspends bitlocker, and reboots the computer immediately. The script fails to load on the last line, and appears to be an issue with my argument. Downloads Dell Command | PowerShell Provider 2.7.0 (Released - 10/2022) PowerShell Gallery Downloads When trying to delete this executable, via cmd shell or Powershell, up to and including "Remove-item -force", I'm finding that the executable is locked by the Windows Event Log service and unable to be deleted. I really hate support assist now and I want it to die and I am at my wits end. Select Add/Remove Programs. You could always reboot in Safe Mode and see if Revo will uninstall Dell Update without complaining, but to be honest I don't know if Revo will run in Safe Mode. Update Dell drivers, Dell Applications, and Dell BIOS via Dell Command | Update. Forum Member since 2004 I am not a Dell employee. This leaves Dell SupportAssist still installed and working to get device driver updates automatically and/or manually. Then.. (Start here if the TPM IS showing up in the BIOS) 3) Suspend Bitlocker 4) Update Bios (restart) 5) Turn off autoprovisioning with Powershell: "Disable-TpmAutoProvisioning" (restart) 6) Go to BIOS during restart (F2). document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Congratulations! It has "last Update", which lists 2-25-2020. ), REST APIs, and object models. If I have any further problems reference this, I'll post here again. NOTE: On computers running Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 operating system, use the Programs and Features option to uninstall Command | Monitor. I am not the most PowerShell proficient but perhaps this will help. I need to pass the uninstall string minus the brackets to command prompt. Thanks for the information! To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. ago Trying to figure out how I can get this script to run in Intune with the files I want to remove. If you want to uninstall anything, right-click it in CP\Programs and Features. To review, open the file in an editor that reveals hidden Unicode characters. Kyber and Dilithium explained to primary school students? Sometimes Windows Updates comes with bugs, particularly if you are in Dev Channels. So there was an article that came out about support assist being vulnerable, bla bla. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. I also deleted the residual Datavault folder. Libxml2 opensourcebibliotheek gepgraded naar de nieuwste versie. What I am trying to achieve is once the installation is complete, I want a script that I can run that will run the app on specific computers for testing. [Article] PowerShell Begin Process End Blocks Demystified How do you read word document files using powershell? U kunt echter wel de Get- en Set-bewerkingen uitvoeren. Uninstalling Command | Monitor using the control panel, 2. I have a new Dell Laptop, Windows 10 Home, about 2 months old. Go to services> windows update> disable Windows Update > Change Settings > Never Check for Updates. I feel your pain. Their users guide is equally unhelpful, telling me to see the operating system documentationfor information on uninstalling programs. Thanks, Dell. This will install the Dell drivers, applications, and BIOS updates. How Intuit improves security, latency, and development velocity with a Site Maintenance - Friday, January 20, 2023 02:00 - 05:00 UTC (Thursday, Jan Were bringing advertisements for technology courses to Stack Overflow, How to handle command-line arguments in PowerShell. Learn more about bidirectional Unicode characters. Revo calls the default uninstaller for each program you seek to uninstall. Hi all, I've been looking for a PS script that I can push through Intune to uninstall the pre-installed Dell Bloatware apps (Dell Optimizer, Dell Power Manager, SupportAssist, etc), but have been unsuccessful in my attempts so far.
Recipes With Lindt 90 Dark Chocolate, Northern Ostrobothnia Sami, How To Break A Generational Curse, Articles U